Sunday, September 9, 2012

I was nominated!


Hello all! I am so excited and pleased to share this with you today!





I was nominated for this Liebster Award by Michele over at Sunshine and Rainbows her blog is really wonderful and I think you should check her out. I've been blogging for almost a year now and haven't gotten a lot of posts in but I hope to change that in the next coming months, I've got some great things coming my way, Thank you to all of the followers I currently have and I hope to see more new faces around my side of the blogosphere soon!



Here's how it works:
1) The recipient must post 11 fun facts about themselves
2) The recipient must also answer 11 questions created by the award giver
3) The recipient must give the award to 11 new bloggers with less than 200 followers and post 11 questions for them to answer
4) These 11 bloggers must be told they have been given the award
5) They will in turn pass the award on to 11 new bloggers of their choice (no tagging back the award giver)


11 Fun facts:


1.I am due with my second boy on November 26th and I couldn't be any happier, my son is 2 1/2 so they will be 2 years and 9 months apart.


2.I work in an adult store. Not one of those disgusting holes in the wall, but a much nicer, open, clean enviorment and the best part is I get to help people everyday with things they didn't know they wanted. I've been the assistant manager for a little over a year now, worked there for 2 1/2 years.


3. I love to knit. Knitting along with polish relaxes me and keeps me sane on the days I feel like I can't take it anymore. I also make newborn/little girls hair bows. (Secret: I even make them for myself)


4. My father is my best friend, without him I don't think I could do half of the things I do. He has been a great role model to me and I thank him every day for it.


5. This kind of goes deep, but I have a sister who I have nothing to do with, she's been in a lot of trouble her whole life and is now in prison and won't be out for an extremley long time. Her kids however, have to be the brightest smartest kids on the planet. Soon my 6 year old nephew will be taking residency with my parents so that hopefully he can have the start of a healthy fresh place instead of the environment he has been used to his whole life.


6. I'm a 4'9 devil headed red head. When I was a kid I hated my hair so much that I colored it at every chance I got. But now I couldn't not live with my red hair and I embrace it just as it.


7. I'm 22 and feel like I'm 85. I've always been told that I'm mature for my age. I take life as it is and try to make the best of everything I have.


8. I LOVE butter(yes butter) and jelly sandwhiches. I eat at least 2 a day, and it's not even a pregnancy craving;)


9. I don't have a lot of friends, but I LOVE the ones I have and am extremley close to all of them. It's better to have 4 best friends than 100 that you aren't close with.


10. I have really bad anxiety. So bad to the point where I can seizure and throw myself unconscious. This is something I have been working on and luckily we have found some medication that works for me. I try to take it day by day, some days are good, some days are bad, some days I feel like I can't take the world.


11. I have lived on my own for 4 years and worked hard to where I have gotten. It wasn't easy at first, but that's okay. I enjoy working and will work everyday for the rest of my life if I have to.



1) When and why did you start blogging?

I started blogging in November of 2011, I originally started blogging because of all the nail polish I have accumulated over the years. It keeps me calm and I like the different colors and finishes but then I discovered stamping and nail art thanks to all of the lovely bloggers, now my world couldn't be complete without all of my stamping plates and nail brushes.

2) How many bottles of polish do you own?

Right now I'm up to around 450+ and I love every single one. A lot of colors I have doubles of or have a similar color but they are unique in each way. My indie stash is growing a lot as well and will continue to grow as long as I can make it.

3) What color do you have the most of in your collection?

Pink, by far. I love every shade of pink I can find. Light, sheer, creme, neon, bright. You name it I got it.

4) What is your first memory of nail polish? >br>When I was little my older sisters used to paint my nails and I remember how good it felt just to have something to look at on my hands. I'm not very close to one anymore, and the other we don't get to talk to as often as we like. (I have 3 sisters)

5) What do your friends/family think of your hobby?
When I talk about my stash and I tell people how many polishes I have they think I am crazy. Then I show them pictures and they are instantly asking me to do theirs. My coworkers (whom I am very close to) even find new nail designs for me online and ask me to recreate it in some way.

6) What are your hobbies other than blogging?
Knitting, making hair bows, and reading. I love to read and have a kindle that I read almost every night before bed. My favorite types of books are anything vampire. (I know, I know another one of those)

7) What's your favorite nail polish color?
My favorite color that I have in my stash is my Pretty&Polished Jawbreaker. This was the first indie I got and have used it 5+ times. I need a back up of this!

8) What would be your dream polish?
I don't currently own any holo's and I would really love to have some. I really would love a holo with chunky bits of multicolored holo hex glitters in it as well. *drool*

9) What is something you love, but everyone else hates.
This is kind of silly, but I love these things my coworkers call a "coke-concoction" it's a mix of coke icee and coca-cola. They are delicious and so refreshing especially in the Arizona summer heat.

10) What trends do you love?
Right now the one trend I really love are the small feather hair extensions. Unfortunately, I can't where these at work but I do love them. I also love all of the vintage clothing that is coming back. I love anything vintage.

11) What trends do you hate?

The off the shoulder sweatshirt, that comes mid belly. For some reason I just can't fathom why you would wear half a sweatshirt, when the point of having a sweatshirt is to stay cold?





Now it's my turn to nominate 11 lovely ladies from the blogosphere. I enjoy reading new blogs and look for them daily, as I am fairly new to blogging I like to see what everyone else comes up with. These ladies are very talented and I can't wait to see what else they come up with!

Carolines Nails

Time on my nails

Cats-n-nails

Pudgy Nails

Lydia's nails

Crazy Polishes

Life and nail art

Tes did it nails

Young wild and polished

Mega Manicures

Baroque Fool



I hope you enjoyed the fun little things I had to say and check out some of the new blogs I posted!

Until next time!
-sammi

1 comment:

  1. Tnx again for the nomination. u r a doll and if you ever need a connection in Europe for some Catrice and Essence polishes feel free to call on me :)

    xoxox
    gin

    ReplyDelete